Operating Banking Institutions
ZB BUILDING SOCIETY
Corner Sam Nujoma Street/ Kwame Nkrumah Avenue,
Telephone: 252 966-78/ 250 232/ 253 009/ 252960
P. O. Box 2594,
Type of bank: Building society
Date of establishment: 1961
- ZB Building Society was incorporated in Zimbabwe in 1961 as Founders Building Society and received its Certificate of Registration on 1 July 1961. The institution changed its name from Founders to Intermarket Building Society on 1 October 2002.
- It was placed under curatorship on 11 March 2004 and was later lifted on 31 July 2005. ZBFHL acquired Intermarket Building Society in 2006 through buying off the equity held by the RBZ in Intermarket Building Society, following a debt equity swap after the institution failed to repay the liquidity support extended to it under the Troubled Banks Fund.
- Intermarket Building Society changed its name to ZB Building Society in September 2008.
- There is a pending court application brought by Transnational Holdings Limited challenging the acquisition of Intermarket Building Society by ZB Holdings Limited (ZBHL).
- ZB Building Society is owned by Intermarket Holdings Limited (58.76%),
- ZB Life (16.33),
- Zimnat Investment Corporation Limited (13.11%),
- CGU Insurance (6.51%).
Chairman: Thamsang B. Mpofu
Acting Managing Director: Mrs. Emma Mungoni
Auditors : KPMG Chartered Accountants
Number of employees: 39
Number of branches : 19