The Exchange Control Division’s mission is primarily to implement and administer Exchange Control regulations under the powers conferred to the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe by the President under Section 2 of Exchange Control Act. To this end, the overall objectives of Exchange Control Division include:-
- Implementing exchange control policies and overseeing the administration of Exchange Control regulations.
- Licencing and ensuring compliance by Authorised Dealers, Money Transfer Agencies and Bureaux De Change with Exchange Control regulations.
- Collecting foreign trade data, performing descriptive and prescriptive analytics, and communicating the resultant insights to stakeholders.
- Fighting illicit financial flows and ensuring that the country receives value for its exports.
- Prevent or redress any adverse balance of payments situation by channelling limited foreign exchange resources to the productive and critical sectors of the economy.